Facilities Use Request Form
How to Reserve the Facilities:
First, please read the complete Facilities Use Policy
. Reservations must be made by submitting our online reservation form below. Click here
to see a description of the facilities in a new window. Once the completed form has been received and fees paid, the reservations will be confirmed by the Facilities Use Coordinator. To check availability of a specific date, please click here
to view the facilities calendar in a new window. For information about weddings, click here
. Please make facilities use checks payable to Blandy Experimental Farm and mail to:
Blandy Experimental Farm
Attn: Facilities Use, 400 Blandy Farm Lane, Boyce VA 22620
Terms of Facilities Use:
- The user assumes responsibility for the safe and lawful use of facilities at Blandy Experimental Farm and will take all reasonable measures to insure the safety of property and persons attending the event for which space is reserved. The user agrees to indemnify and save harmless the University of Virginia and the Commonwealth of Virginia from and against any and all loss, costs (including attorneys’ fees), damages, expense, and liability in connection with claims for damages as a result of injury or death of any person or damage to any property which arise from or in any manner grow out of any act or neglect on or about the premises by the user, the user’s partners, agents, employees, students, customers, invitees, contractors, and subcontractors. The user may be required to provide a certificate of insurance verifying liability coverage for the organization/group.
- Set up of chairs and tables as required to prepare meeting area is the responsibility of the user.
- All spaces, equipment, and furniture will be left clean and in their prior condition following meetings or activities. All chairs and tables will be returned to the locations they were in prior to the meeting unless the Facilities Use Coordinator indicates otherwise.
- Any decorations, supplies, equipment, handouts, or other amenities brought by the user shall be removed at the conclusion of the program. Decorations may not be attached to any tree, plant, stone wall, sign, or structure. Signs may not be driven deeper than 6 inches into the ground and may not be placed anywhere except in the grass.
- If the kitchen is reserved, cookware, tableware, and appliances are available for use. However, all food and beverage supplies are the responsibility of the user, including coffee, condiments, etc.
- Set up, program time, and clean up shall take place within the scheduled time usage unless permission is otherwise obtained from the Facilities Use Coordinator.
- Bed linens, towels, and toiletries are not supplied for dormitory room or Research Village overnight guests.
- The user assumes responsibility for any damage to property and, if billed, will pay for the damaged property and for any additional cleaning, repairs, or replacements that result from the use of the facilities. Assessment of damages and extent of responsibility of the group shall be determined by the Director.
- Blandy Experimental Farm does not offer event planning services. The Facilities Coordinator will secure the date of your event, take care of the administrative duties and answer all of your questions. The user is responsible for booking and coordinating the caterer and rental companies from the approved list. Click here for the approved list of rental companies and caterers.
- A $200 deposit may be required for large events and some overnight accommodations.
- Night lighting on grounds is limited. All event participants and guests must depart the grounds within 30 minutes after sunset.
- The University of Virginia prohibits the illegal or otherwise irresponsible use of alcohol and other drugs. Users are responsible for determining if an ABC permit is required if alcohol will be served. Users must follow all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding possession, consumption, and storage of alcoholic beverages.
- Vehicles, except that of a rental service, are not allowed on service roads.
- For large events greater than 50 people the overflow/event parking must be used. For events greater than 100 people the user must supply a parking attendant whose responsibility it is to direct attendees to the overflow/event parking area; parking is not allowed along roadsides or in the grass except in the overflow parking area.
Please contact us at 540-837-1758 ext. 0 if you have any questions.